Nantwich
Nub News Logo
Nub News

Plans for up to 75 Nantwich homes to be decided by planning inspector

Local News by Belinda Ryan - Local Democracy Reporter 21st May 2026  
Proposed access to the site off Broad Lane, which would see the property on the left demolished (Photo: CEC Planning).
Proposed access to the site off Broad Lane, which would see the property on the left demolished (Photo: CEC Planning).
advertisement

Plans for up to 75 homes in Nantwich will now be decided by a planning inspector, after the applicant appealed against Cheshire East's non-determination of the application.

Nightingale Land wants to build the dwellings on land in the open countryside off Broad Lane.

The scheme also includes bulldozing the bungalow at 6 Broad Lane to create an access to the site, which is a 3.83-hectare field off Broad Lane and Batherton Lane.

Cheshire East's planning officers had recommended the application be approved.

But the strategic planning board (SPB) deferred it twice in March for a traffic assessment to identify any cumulative impact.

This was because councillors were aware applications for about 700 more homes are in the pipeline.

The application site for up to 75 homes off Broad Lane, Nantwich (Photo: Google).

Knutsford councillor Stewart Gardiner (Conservative), had told the first SPB meeting on March 5: "I do not want my name put to a scheme, and I'm sure you don't, that in a few years' time, results in somebody's death because it turns out, we didn't take the opportunity to look at something of safety in the wider context."

advertisement

No requested assessment had been done when the application appeared on the agenda again on March 25.

Stapeley Parish councillor Jo Hillman told the second meeting a cumulative assessment was 'imperative'.

"We cannot stress how inadequate this road is for all these houses and until there's a fatality, nobody's going to take us seriously," she said.

Again the SPB voted to defer the application for the traffic assessment.

Now the decision has been taken out of Cheshire East's hands and it will be made by a planning inspector.

Anyone wishing to make a comment on this application can do so at the planning inspectorate appeal site HERE. The appeal reference number is 6009169.

The last date for submitting comments is June 18.

READ MORE: Property of the Week: Fully refurbished bungalow in Hough.

advertisement

Free from clickbait, pop-up ads and unwanted surveys, Nantwich Nub News is a quality online newspaper for our town.

Please consider following Nantwich Nub News on Facebook.

     

CHECK OUT OUR Jobs Section HERE!
nantwich vacancies updated hourly!
Click here to see more: nantwich jobs

     

Please Support Us Nantwich. Your Town. Your News. Your Support Matters.

Local news is essential for our community — but it needs your support.
By becoming a monthly supporter, you’ll help us continue delivering reliable local stories and events.
Your support makes a real difference to Nantwich.
Monthly supporters will enjoy:
Ad-free experience

Share:

Comments (0)

Post comment

No comments yet!


Sign-up for our FREE newsletter...

We want to provide nantwich with more and more clickbait-free news.

     

...or become a Supporter.
Nantwich. Your Town. Your News.

Local news is essential for our community — but it needs your support.
Your donation makes a real difference.
For monthly donators:
Ad-free experience